WELCOME TO FOUR ON THE FOUR: A BLOG ABOUT JAZZ DRUMMING AND ALL THINGS UNRELATED, BROUGHT TO YOU BY JON McCASLIN

Thursday, February 18, 2016

Doctoral Studies: Melodic Jazz Drumming



A little over a year ago I successfully defended by doctoral thesis "Melodic Jazz Drumming" at the University of Toronto. This project was the culmination of many years of hard work and I learned a great deal from the experience. I am very fortunate to apply the concepts and ideas I learned every time, it seems, whenever I sit behind a set of drums or work with a student.

My dissertation is now available on-line and if you are interested in taking a look, check it out here:

https://tspace.library.utoronto.ca/bitstream/1807/69408/3/McCaslin_Jonathan_D_201506_DMA_thesis.pdf

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting,thanks for sharing your work

    ReplyDelete