WELCOME TO FOUR ON THE FOUR: A BLOG ABOUT JAZZ DRUMMING AND ALL THINGS UNRELATED, BROUGHT TO YOU BY JON McCASLIN

Friday, August 26, 2011

Pat Metheny Trio w/Roy Haynes



Hearing the Pat Metheny album "Question & Answer" was the first time I ever heard drummer Roy Haynes. I was hooked from the very first note and have never looked back since...Here's that very same trio (with Dave Holland on bass) from a European concert date:



















Thanks to Patrick Boyle who sent this one my way all the way from Mount Pearl, Newfoundland.

1 comment:

  1. This was my first exposure to Haynes too. He and PM were born to play with each other. Their phrasing is so similar. Love the tunes, love the sounds, and love that this record came about simply for the love of the people playing. They had time, so they booked a studio for an afternoon. Good use of a couple hours if you ask me!

    ReplyDelete